.h files needed by c api

General discussion about anything related to Ultibo.
mark

.h files needed by c api

Postby mark » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:45 am

Garry,

globaltypes.h uses stdint.h, stddef.h, math.h, and sys/types.h. I have arm-none-eabi installed on debian 9 and there is a direcotory /usr/lib/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/include but it does not contain math.h nor sys/types.h.

Can you advise me on the correct installation and path to the needed .h files? Also how to indicate the location to the Makefile.

Thanks,
Mark
Ultibo
Site Admin

Re: .h files needed by c api

Postby Ultibo » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:14 am

mark wrote:I have arm-none-eabi installed on debian 9 and there is a direcotory /usr/lib/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/include but it does not contain math.h nor sys/types.h.

Can you advise me on the correct installation and path to the needed .h files?

Given that math.h and sys/types.h are pretty much ubiquitous I'm surprised that they aren't available in any installation of gcc.

Based on the path I'm guessing you have an arm-none-eabi toolchain that is provided as a package by Debian itself, that's something we have never bothered to try and perhaps it is possible they intended it to be for ARM microcontroller development only (so no math.h) but that's just a random guess.

The best advice I can suggest is to download a release of arm-none-eabi either directly from ARM or from Launchpad.net. I checked both 5.4 and a recent 7.x release for both Windows and Linux and they all contain those headers in the include directory.

mark wrote:Also how to indicate the location to the Makefile.

Unless you are creating an unusual configuration then gcc should just know where to look for standard headers based on its own path, nothing in the Makefile should need to specify the location of the those files normally.

If you don't have any luck post the exact error message you are getting and a sample that shows what you are doing.
Ultibo.org | Make something amazing
https://ultibo.org
mark

Re: .h files needed by c api

Postby mark » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:06 pm

Thanks Garry - I copied the include folder from the 5.4 launchpad package to a new folder named include-missing and then added that to the path and it works well. Mark.

Return to “Discussion”