SQLite

Creating, porting and using libraries with Ultibo
Rassamaha78

SQLite

Postby Rassamaha78 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:23 am

Where can I see an example of using the SQlite3 library wih Ultibo, and what version of the library can I use?
Ultibo
Site Admin

Re: SQLite

Postby Ultibo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:51 am

Rassamaha78 wrote:Where can I see an example of using the SQlite3 library wih Ultibo, and what version of the library can I use?

There are a number of sources of examples and information about using SQLite3 with FPC and most should be easily translated to Ultibo.

To use SQLite3 in an application you just need to include the SQLite3 unit that is provided with the packages part of the RTL, this will automatically link the supplied static library so that everything is available to use.

Included in the official FPC source is a very simple test program which we have tried and it works with only minor changes (eg you have to create a console window for the output to be displayed etc).

There is also a reasonably good page on the Free Pascal wiki about using SQLite, not all of it will be directly relevant to Ultibo because some items refer to parts of the LCL (Lazarus Component Library) which is not yet available.

The FPC packages also includes fcl-db which provides access to SQLite as well as other databases (not all are supported).

Some of these elements we have not tested extensively so if you do use them it would be great to get some feedback about what is working (and what is not).
Ultibo.org | Make something amazing
https://ultibo.org

Return to “Libraries”