Github - User examples

The place to share and discuss your Ultibo projects.
Gavinmc42
Posts: 1595
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:38 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Github - User examples

Postby Gavinmc42 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:42 am

This is a forum post so everyone can link their github stuff.

Ultibo 2.0 now makes things possible I have been wanting to do for months if not years.
Sure I could do it in Linux and I have but that's like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Maybe Ultibo 3.0 will have one button push github commits?

Finally bit the bullet and githubbed a few of my new 2.0 examples.
Instead of dumping code here, probably better to github it, especially if it works :lol:
A search found most of you already there ;)

I am actually finding it hard to find my stuff here now, usually because I don't post it in the right one :lol:
https://github.com/Gavinmc42
mark
Posts: 1325
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:12 am
Location: Indianapolis, US

Re: Github - User examples

Postby mark » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:16 pm

What github client(s) are you using? On windows or linux? Mark.
Gavinmc42 wrote:This is a forum post so everyone can link their github stuff.

Ultibo 2.0 now makes things possible I have been wanting to do for months if not years.
Sure I could do it in Linux and I have but that's like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Maybe Ultibo 3.0 will have one button push github commits?

Finally bit the bullet and githubbed a few of my new 2.0 examples.
Instead of dumping code here, probably better to github it, especially if it works :lol:
A search found most of you already there ;)

I am actually finding it hard to find my stuff here now, usually because I don't post it in the right one :lol:
https://github.com/Gavinmc42
Gavinmc42
Posts: 1595
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:38 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Github - User examples

Postby Gavinmc42 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:47 am

Github client? Ok still more to learn :)
I used command line in Mint at home.
Work stuff probably won't get githubbed for IP reasons, but some things got posted, just so I remember ;)

Probably should use a Windows client at work to backup properly on our server.
Any suggestions?
pjde
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:21 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Github - User examples

Postby pjde » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:11 am

Having a little trouble loading your PFD example.
Gavinmc42
Posts: 1595
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:38 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Github - User examples

Postby Gavinmc42 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:31 am

Only tested on a Zero.
Downloaded zip, unzipped and try to open as new project.
There is no project file, so select all files, pick PFD.pas and Laz will generate a project file.
Compiled and just ran it via rpibooot.
Perhaps I should add the project file too?
pjde
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:21 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Github - User examples

Postby pjde » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:59 am

Tweaked the target settings and all good.

The clock demo however is an hour slow. :lol:

Regards

Paul
Gavinmc42
Posts: 1595
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:38 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Github - User examples

Postby Gavinmc42 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:32 am

Brisbane timezone ;)
Mine were always an hour fast until Garry pointed out the Brisbane setting in timezone.pas - core/fpc/3.1.1/source/rtl/ultibo/core
Change to 'AUS Eastern Standard Time' or what ever is relevant.
mark
Posts: 1325
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:12 am
Location: Indianapolis, US

Re: Github - User examples

Postby mark » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:20 pm

Gavinmc42 wrote:Github client? Ok still more to learn :)
I used command line in Mint at home.
Work stuff probably won't get githubbed for IP reasons, but some things got posted, just so I remember ;)

Probably should use a Windows client at work to backup properly on our server.
Any suggestions?
The git cli is itself a client. If you use https://git-for-windows.github.io/ on windows, it supplies a terminal with the git cli. In that terminal, /c/Users/John/Desktop refers to the obvious place. Regards, Mark.
mark
Posts: 1325
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:12 am
Location: Indianapolis, US

Re: Github - User examples

Postby mark » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:23 pm

Gavinmc42 wrote:Perhaps I should add the project file too?
I see that you used the github browser page to upload the .lpi file. You should do a "git pull" in your mint folder to update your working repository. The file is already there but on mint it hasn't yet been committed. The pull will bring you in sync. Mark.
mark
Posts: 1325
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:12 am
Location: Indianapolis, US

Re: Github - User examples

Postby mark » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:24 pm

mark wrote:
Gavinmc42 wrote:Perhaps I should add the project file too?
I see that you used the github browser page to upload the .lpi file. You should do a "git pull" in your mint folder to update your working repository. The file is already there but inside the mint repo it hasn't yet been committed. The pull will bring you in sync. Mark.

Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest