The focus of this release is the addition of full support for the VideoCore IV graphics processor which means Ultibo core can now take advantage of hardware accelerated OpenGL ES for 3D, OpenVG for 2D, OpenMAX IL for multimedia audio and video as well as the Broadcom specific Multimedia Abstraction Layer (MMAL) which gives full access to the official Raspberry Pi camera.
The commit announcement contains additional information but we are sure you will still have questions, please explore the many new examples first because some questions may already be covered.
- VideoCore IV support with full functionality (OpenGL ES, OpenVG, OpenMAX, MMAL, DispmanX, CEC, Camera and more)
- More than 20 new examples to demonstrate the features of the VC4 including multiple pure pascal examples
- Updated Asphyre/PXL library with OpenGL ES fully enabled for Ultibo applications
- Free Pascal interfaces for multiple graphics standards including OpenGLES 1.1 and 2.0, OpenVG and EGL
- Free Pascal port of the libShapes library for easy access to 2D graphics using OpenVG
- Updated QEMU version to provide the latest emulation support
- Fixes for a number of important issues as well as many other enhancements
The installer can be used to perform a new installation or upgrade an existing install, if you have made changes to any RTL files please make sure you have a copy to avoid them being overwritten by the installation.
We hope you enjoy the latest version of Ultibo core, as always we love hearing your feedback so feel free to let us know your thoughts and suggestions and what you are doing with Ultibo.