Propeller CPU connected to Ultibo/pi

General discussion about anything related to Ultibo.
mark

Re: Propeller CPU connected to Ultibo/pi

Postby mark » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:07 pm

pik33 wrote:If you want it fast, do it. I have a lot of work with the semester which is now starting. Prepare lectures, update instructions, etc - no time available to play until Thursday.

I will start when I receive my quick start board. I will let you know when that happens. Mark.
mark

Postby mark » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:56 pm

pik33 wrote:Propeller IDE on Raspbian is up and running. A Quickstart board is connected to RPi via USB and running a touchbutton demo.
I now have the same. Mark.
aaronpeacock

Postby aaronpeacock » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:31 pm

Folks,

I hate to be *that guy* but the Propeller Hat (Pimoroni, currently out of production? I have one, however, so they weren't last year, at least...thepihut.com has them...)
https://thepihut.com/products/pimoroni-propeller-hat

...is NOT the same board as discussed above and one doesn't need fancy FTDI "up and down the USB stack" to merely pass a serial port.

The Propeller Hat is simply programmed by UART serial directly via pins on the Pi's 20x2 pin header.

While one would still need to develop the Propeller application in Raspbian, one could store these on SD card and then likely load them from an Ultibo application, via the standard UART unit? https://ultibo.org/wiki/Unit_UART
I'm not entirely clear on loading files from an SD card in Ultibo, but programming the Propeller with pre-built apps seems straightforward, at least.
I'll eventually report back on this, as this is precisely what I will need to do at some point in the not-so-distant future...

Return to “Discussion”